Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Polenta with Red Pepper Sauce - V

I love polenta. It is just so good. I also love red peppers, expecially when they've carmelized with onions and garlic. The flavors are delicious together. Mmmm.
For this recipe, I used the rolls of polenta that you can buy and slice. Usually, I cook it, but I ran out of dry polenta so I used the roll I had handy. I have also figured out a way to make my original recipe vegan...but I've never tasted it. It should be delicious, still! I don't know the exact measurements on the polenta recipe by heart, so that will have to wait, but you can still use the rolls!


Polenta with red pepper sauce

Red pepper sauce:
1 tbsp oil
1 large red bell pepper, diced
1 onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp Italian seasoning (I use Tuscan Mills grinder...ask if you want to see)
1 14oz can of diced tomatoes
1 small can of tomato sauce
Carrots and spinach to steam up and add to the side or mix inside. You choose. The sweetness of the carrots and the bitterness of the spinach just makes the dish so fun!

Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add the peppers, garlic, and onion. Cook about 10 minutes, or until the peppers and onions are soft and starting to darken. Add the can of tomatoes, the sauce, and the seasoning. Cook for about 5 more minutes, or until some of the liquid is absorbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment